Badger Honor Flight for WWII veterans to depart Saturday | Community Spirit
An Honor Flight for World War II veterans will depart from Dane County Regional Airport on Saturday, April 21.
The flight, which includes more than 90 Wisconsin-area veterans, will depart from Madison on a chartered flight bound for Washington, D.C. for a daylong VIP excursion.
The veterans will visit the World War II Memorial as well as other memorials in the Washington, D.C. area. Badger Honor Flight, a Wisconsin organization established to honor World War II veterans, coordinated this flight.
Because of financial and physical challenges, this trip presents the only opportunity for many of these men and women to visit the national memorial dedicated to their service and sacrifice.
There will be a 6 a.m. welcome and send-off at the airport followed by a welcome home celebration at 9:15 p.m. at the Dane County Regional Airport Main Terminal.
Upcoming Events near Madison North
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police find ?realistic? BB gun in La Follette student?s backpack
- Police: Pregnant woman sexually assaulted in ?violent? home invasion
- National, city, school leaders to focus on out-of-school-time programs
- Police: Blood, shell casings found outside east Madison restaurant
- Man accused of stabbing girlfriend 29 times pleads guilty