Man on cellphone hits parked car, car rolls over, police say | News
Police said a Madison man on his cellphone rolled his vehicle after hitting a parked car on the east side.
On Saturday at about 10:30 a.m., Madison police responded to a report of a single-vehicle rollover accident.
According to the report, Eduardo Gurfield, 30, was driving on the 2000 block of Winnebago Street at about 10:34 a.m. when he veered to the right and hit a parked car. Police said he then overcorrected, causing his vehicle to roll over.
Gurfield was using his cellphone when the accident occurred, according to police.
He suffered a minor leg injury but refused medical attention, the report noted.
Gurfield was cited for inattentive driving and not having insurance.
Upcoming Events near Madison North
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DOJ: Man sentenced for pulling loaded gun on friends at bus stop
- Madison libraries, streets division to host composting classes
- Officials look for dog, possibly named Habanero, that bit man
- Police: Scammer posts as east business on classified car sales website
- Woman scammed into sending money to Lebanon