East High student turns envelope filled with cash to police | News
A 17-year-old boy made an admirable decision after finding an envelope filled with cash on Madison's north side last month.
Police said the envelope was found in the 400 block of Pawling Street near a street sign and in front of the apartment building where the teen lives.
TheMadison East High School student told police that he peeked inside and could see it was full of cash, but he decided to turn it over to police without counting the money.
Police said they are not releasing how much money was found in an effort to ensure that if the rightful owner comes forward, they will be able to get their money.
Anyone who knows who the money belongs to is encouraged to call the Madison Police North District at 608-243-5258.
Upcoming Events near Madison North
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police find ?realistic? BB gun in La Follette student?s backpack
- Officials: Madison police officer punched by teen
- Police: Pregnant woman sexually assaulted in ?violent? home invasion
- National, city, school leaders to focus on out-of-school-time programs
- Police: Blood, shell casings found outside east Madison restaurant