Dane Co. airport posts 2nd-best year for traffic | News
The Dane County Regional Airport has posted its second-best year for passenger traffic.
The airport said passenger traffic in 2012 was up 6.7 percent compared with 2011. In 2012, the airport recorded more than 810,000 passengers, second to the record year of 2004 when more than 847,000 passengers flew out of the airport on Madison's North Side.
The Wisconsin State Journal reported officials credit the boost to several service expansions.
The airport reports summer travel hit an all-time high in 2012 with passenger records set in June, July and August.
Upcoming Events near Madison North
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DOJ: Man sentenced for pulling loaded gun on friends at bus stop
- Madison libraries, streets division to host composting classes
- Officials look for dog, possibly named Habanero, that bit man
- Police: Scammer posts as east business on classified car sales website
- Woman scammed into sending money to Lebanon